Search our blogs!

Friday, May 28, 2010

Chris's Feedback on Catherine's Blog Post #4

Nice job Catherine.

Some things I liked:
-Good analysis of Barbie using Hesse-Biber.
-The last paragraph about Barbie being redesigned for being too fat is amusing. I didn't know about that and it's inclusion adds to your post because it basically reiterates everything you wrote.

Some things that could be improved:
-I feel like this assignment would have been benefited by including more pictures. You describe a lot of dolls but including images of them helps visualize them and show how ridiculous they really are.
-You really only talked about Barbie and the Cabbage Patch dolls. I'm not really aware of what toys exist for girls these days but I think you could have benefited from analyzing more than two franchises.

Chris

No comments: