Some things you guys need to know:
- Evaluate/grade everyone in your group except the liason this week
- The group scoring will expire Monday at beginning of class
- FYI: Send the emails to the liaisons via socs if the ones I supply are incorrect for some reason (their names are here)
Marketing and Political Economy Team
- Want to focus on sales in popular culture, economy and consumerism. Focus on ads and merchandising on blogs.
- Where people are looking and who- what are the most popular topics. Will have a blogger and a blog of the week possibly! (whoever leaves the most comments). This will be used to promote the blog!
- If you have constructive criticism, put it in the contributor blog. (even if they are not the blogger of the week). Amanda will send us address to send it to.
- Jess T- comments on what consumer topics are out there and used technoroti to see what was the most popular blog.
- Other Jess- has links of actual merchandise (there are a bunch of links for this for each topic).
- We focus on reality T.V. and gender. People want to see stuff about poker, money, and Paris Hilton.
- They use ads to analyze what’s posted on the blog.
- Analyze ad cents. How ads “live together in harmony” (but only 9 people have them)!
- Ads- most are about beauty and losing weight and eating disorders. They contradict what we should write about,
- 2nd part- start getting name out there.
- Want us to click on ad cents stuff.
- Person to punish of the week! Click and look at site. Make them pay! Do not click on your own ads!
- Set code for stat counter. Visitors from all over! They have a keyword analysis.
- Fix technorati with your link (if not it goes to Amanda)
- Titian2@tcnj.edu- group liason (Jess T.)
- Melissa and Eric= ad cents
- Try to make blog look better
- Put own pic on, class logo, video, audio, etc.
- They copy and pasted Picassa info.
- Music- free of charge. Name, info, password. Can put into your own blog! Name what songs you want in your settings (page element). BE WARNED- copyrighting issues!!!
- Adding graphics. Online and pic relates to your blog. Right click, properties, add image from the web. Put in the link.
- Can also take a pic on cell phone and use it.
- Add video (it’s easy). Youtube.com ex. Copy the link. Paste code on scription box. Can also add own videos.
- Can get really customized templates, but you need to add stuff through the script, and it’s just pretty darn complicated so don’t do it.
- Nicole= audio website. Can do audio blogging. Costs money though. You just call a phone number and will get added to the blog.
- Need to download Picassa to use collage feature.
- Pat is the liason.
- Liason- Dan G.
- Email is the way he wants to be contacted.
- Proposal: Generate info and feedback so people can better find them and us.
- Posted all the individual blog sites to digg- added names and individual blogs. Found stories on ones not our class blogs. They’re behind the scenes, trying to get traffic.
- Tell how to get story on digg.com. Post will be on digg if “it’s descent.”
- They hope to get our name out there more.
- People are angry! They are haters! You can “undigg” them! (I should know, I got the “I hate this shit” comment lol).
- We will digg people to make them look at our stuff.
- You can post what you’ve found and it will generate interest.
- You can digg what the professor has dug.
- Our blogs have been dug many times!
- Easy to create digg profile! (not a search engine, lol!)
- Like using url instead of your name as a signature.
- Jessie found widgets site. Can link. Expand widgets on html.
- If someone wants to dig, can just use tag (Go to Jessie’s office hours). Put urls to blog there as well.
- Can digg everything someone else did.
- Start digging for each other!!!
The P.R. Team
- Job to get the word out on our blogs
- They made a facebook group. They’re trying to get the people on campus to check us out.
- “Check us out, we’re bloggers!”
- Get friends to join!
- Put links to blogs on facebook page and on myspace.
- Campus radio. Hourly promotion of project on air. Leo chatted about it for a ½ hr.
- They have a team flyer! Check it out! Can save and put on myspace and facebook!