Prepared by Darling C.
WGS 220- Prof. Gamble
Class notes for 3/19/07
- All students must submit assessments for group members and self.
- Students must remember to update group blog.
RECAP FROM THE DOCUMENTARY, “Jesus Camp”- Judgment vs. Analysis
- When posting to blog, watch language. Determine what analysis and judgment consist of. Some terms used in blog post may be degrading to actors or shows discussed.
- Example: The show, “Girls Next Door,”
What to say: “the show depicts society’s view of women as being vixens”
What not to say: “The girls on the show are vixens”
- Ask why controversy surrounding show is present, look at the contributing factors. Examine if this should really be the case.
- When posting, watch grammar, especially quotes.
HEGEMONIC VS. COUNTERHEGEMONIC SOCIETY
Women are wives, mothers, and the primary caregivers.
Women occupy leadership roles, have jobs, and choose their own religion.