Search our blogs!

Friday, July 29, 2011

Archie's Feedback on Kristi's "Gender Shopping: Boys want Nerf or Nothing!"


This blog post was very informative! I never realized nerf guns were advertised so violently. I liked the picture reference, it helped me visualize the marketing strategies. Also I liked the speculation at the end about why Michael would want the toy. The analysis in the third paragraph is quite thorough and impressive. However, I would recommend having more quotes to structure the analysis better. Also another point of improvement would be to organize the paragraphs a bit better, I felt like it jumped around a little. The final suggestion would be that you could analyze the social impact on nerf guns a bit more in depth. Does the fact that the gun is a social toy affect how popular it is among boys? Overall great post!

No comments: