Group Work for
- Media is associated with the portrayal of rap-related violence which directly relates to the general portrayal of the black community.
- Hostile environment towards rap creates a hostile rapping community, in turn, this indirectly creates the violence created in much of the music.
- Music industry and the way music is produced.
- Police community because they help to create the hostile cycle stated above at many of the rap concerts due to presumptive assumptions and stereotypes.
- Black community for the defense of rap music and its cause.
- People who only view rap music as an expression of violence. Serves as an explanation.
Categories to Address
- Race, Gender, Age
- The discourse involved with rap concerts and music directly influences the institutions and power which gives people an excuse to discriminate.