Search our blogs!

Friday, August 5, 2011

Ashley's feedback on Tarah's: Girls Drink Pepsi to Get More Sexy

Tarah, 
I really liked your post! I thought you did a good job overall. Pepsi was a good product to choose for this assignment. You did a great job making the collage with hot women and celebrities. Your thesis is well formed and specific, which helps the flow into the next two paragraphs. I also liked the quotes you used because they were very relevant for your argument. I like Breazeale's phrase of "one-dimensional representations of women" and your analysis that the consumers don't care about the opinions of the girls in the ads; they are just attracted to the hot bodies. I also really liked your last point that there are unconscious desires to be like a celebrity, so using celebrities in ads is a great way to attract consumers to the product. 
I actually don't know what you could have done better. I thought this was very well written. Good job.

No comments: